If you have a pet at home and if you really love it then you have to take care of it in much better way. The better way to make sure that the pet gets all the attention all the time and also gets extra care under emergencies. The best option for you is to get the pet insurance which is useful in taking care of your pet either in short term or in longer term.
What kind of pet do you have?
The insurance is available for all types of pets. But the majority of insurances are made mainly for cats and the dogs which are the most common pets. The insurance for smaller pets is available such as hamsters, rabbits and even mouse but because of shorter life span the insurance is not preferred.
Even for the smaller mammals which are highly exotic pets such as snakes, parrots, lizards or squirrels cannot be insured because no companies have been offering any services regarding it.
Pets & risk factors
Every pet has its own risk factors and these risk-factors are very important while choosing the suitable insurance policy. The dogs or cats of rare breed are always at a risk of getting stolen.
Also these pets are likely to get hereditary diseases or they are vulnerable to common illness.
Large sized dogs sometime suffer mainly by joint diseases and the dogs such as bull dogs suffer from respiratory problems. The cats are more prone to accidental injuries than having diseases.
Check the points while choosing the policy
- When you take a new insurance policy for the pet, remember the policy will not cover for certain days before it starts. Mostly it is written in smaller prints, please do check.
- While you take the policy for your pet, check every option carefully. Do not ignore any part of the policy to make sure that you have chosen the appropriate policy for your pet.
Insurance policy regarding pet getting stolen
Loss & theft policy:
- The price of the pet is covered in case of theft. Get the certified proof for exact price of the pet else you will get only the market value.
- The insurance may also cover the cost of advertising for lost pet and also for the reward declared, if the pet is found.
- Even some insurance policies offer options to cover the replacement for the lost pet.
Consult the professional insurance agents and the advisors before choosing any policy and never get the policy signed hurriedly without checking.